Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CSTS-TISS Workshop


I don't think I've mentioned on the blog that I am going to India next week to a workshop on "Equity, Sustainability, and Climate Change" organized by the Centre for Science, Technology and Society at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Though TISS is in Mumbai the workshop will be in Delhi at the India International Centre. The workshop focuses on balancing the need for sustainability and hence a limited global carbon emissions budget with the desire for equity in dividing the remaining allowed emissions among developing and developed countries. I have written a couple of papers* relevant to India's climate policy, hence my invitation to participate.

I haven't been to India before, so it will be my second new country this year, though I'm not planning on going anywhere but Delhi.

* We will post a new version of "Where is it Cheapest to Cut Carbon Emissions?" soon. This semester I have also been working with a student (Jack Gregory) on a paper on rural energy use in India and hopefully we'll turn that into a working paper fairly soon too.

2 comments:

  1. Nothings ever in Brisbane! if it is how do i get on the mailing list:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself on the mailing list for seminars etc. from the relevant departments at UQ, QUT, Griffith. If you join an academic society they'll let you know when something is in your area. There was recently a conference on climate adaptation in the Gold Coast where the national centre is. Anyway, the India thing is invitation only...

    ReplyDelete